Wilfred Hunt School Community Council Info
Wilfred Hunt School Community Council Executive 2018-2019:
- Chair - Sandra Weatherald
- Vice Chair - Carla Sawicki
- Treasurer - Shanna Hoffman
- Secretary - Andrea Tresek
- Fundraising - Sam Baiton
- Special Lunches - Loreley Checkey
- Activities - Krista Kennett
- Communications - Jamie Lewis
- Muffin Program Coordinator - Kathleen Fellinger
- Appointed Member - Tanya Bromm
- Appointed Member - Renatta Fry
- Appointed Member - Chelsea Sweeney
- Appointed Member - Sherri Welk
- Appointed Member - Jennifer Anderson
2018 - 2019 School Community Council Meetings:
- August 29, 2018 View minutes
- Oct 3, 2018 AGM View 2018 minutes
- Oct 3, 2018 View minutes
- Nov 7, 2018 View minutes
- Dec 5, 2018 View minutes
- January 9, 2019 View minutes
- February 6, 2019
- March 6, 2019
- April 3, 2019
- May 8, 2019
- June 5, 2019
Click here to view our Hunt SCC Constitution.
To view the Regina Public Schools' School Community Council Handbook, please click here.
For information on School Community Councils in the Regina Public School Division, click here.
SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Who are we?
The School Community Council, or "SCC" for short, is a volunteer committee consisting of parents, our school's principal, and staff representative(s). Members of the local community are also welcome to get involved.
What do we do?
Our focus is to enhance student learning and well being. We act as a liaison between the school and its families, facilitate parental and community involvement in our school and help to build a sense of community and belonging for our school's families. We provide funding to support and enrich our school's learning goals and opportunities, extra-curricular activities and community initiatives.
Why join the SCC?
1. It's a great way to meet other families!
2. You'll get to know the teachers and staff at our school.
3. It's good for your child! Parent involvement has been shown to positively impact a child's behavior, motivation and attitude towards learning!
4. You'll have some input into your child's educational experience.
5. You'll be among the first to know about important decisions being made within the school, upcoming events and activities taking place in the classrooms.
6.. You'll be a role model. Children whose parents volunteer are more likely to get involved themselves!
7. It's fun! This is a fantastic group of parents, who are both welcoming and supportive.
8. We meet once per month between September and June. Meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday of each month in the school staff room at 6:30pm.
Here are just a few examples of what we do!
- provide funding for the school library, classroom and art supplies, educational websites, gym and playground equipment, and school musical productions;
- contribute towards the "fun stuff" at school - treats at the junior holiday production, freezies at track & field, bouncers at playday, year end fun day at Evraz Park;
- organize fun lunches, annual fundraising events and parent seminars (often in conjunction with neighbouring schools);
- our volunteers help with the muffin program, book swaps, tend to the school flower beds; and,
- provide help at the school when needed.
Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook!
Our official Facebook page is "Wilfred Hunt SCC Home Page".