Wilfred Hunt School Community Council Info
Wilfred Hunt School Community Council Executive 2021-2022:
- Chair - Loreley Chekay
- Past Chair - Carla Sawicki
- Vice Chair - Krista Kennett
- Treasurer - Shanna Hoffman
- Secretary - Chantelle Kaytor
- Fundraising - Amber Jones
- Special Lunches - Sandra Weatherald
- Activities - Krista Kennett
- Communications - Jamie Lewis
- Snack Program Coordinator - Renatta Fry
- Appointed Member - Sam Baiton
- Appointed Member - Megan Moore
- Appointed Member - Renelle Simons
- Appointed Member - Laurel Underhill
2022 - 2023 School Community Council Meetings:
- September 7, 2022
- October 5, 2022 (AGM)
- November 9, 2022
- December 14, 2022
- January 18, 2023
- February 8, 2023
- March 8, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- May 10, 2023
- June 14, 2023
To view the Regina Public Schools' School Community Council Handbook, please click here.
For information on School Community Councils in the Regina Public School Division, click here.
To be added to the Wilfred Hunt SCC email list, please complete the form attached here.
SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Who are we?
The School Community Council, or "SCC" for short, is a volunteer committee consisting of parents, our school's principal, and staff representative(s). Members of the local community are also welcome to get involved.
What do we do?
Our focus is to enhance student learning and well being. We act as a liaison between the school and its families, facilitate parental and community involvement in our school and help to build a sense of community and belonging for our school's families. We provide funding to support and enrich our school's learning goals and opportunities, extra-curricular activities and community initiatives.
Why join the SCC?
1. It's a great way to meet other families!
2. You'll get to know the teachers and staff at our school.
3. It's good for your child! Parent involvement has been shown to positively impact a child's behavior, motivation and attitude towards learning!
4. You'll have some input into your child's educational experience.
5. You'll be among the first to know about important decisions being made within the school, upcoming events and activities taking place in the classrooms.
6.. You'll be a role model. Children whose parents volunteer are more likely to get involved themselves!
7. It's fun! This is a fantastic group of parents, who are both welcoming and supportive.
8. We meet once per month between September and June. Meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday of each month in the school staff room at 6:30pm.
Here are just a few examples of what we do!
- provide funding for the school library, classroom and art supplies, educational websites, gym and playground equipment, and school musical productions;
- contribute towards the "fun stuff" at school - treats at the junior holiday production, freezies at track & field, bouncers at playday, year end fun day at Evraz Park;
- organize fun lunches, annual fundraising events and parent seminars (often in conjunction with neighbouring schools);
- our volunteers help with the muffin program, book swaps, tend to the school flower beds; and,
- provide help at the school when needed.
Don't forget to connect with us on Facebook!
Our official Facebook page is "Wilfred Hunt SCC Home Page".