September 2, 2022
Welcome to a new school year at Wilfred Hunt! Our staff has spent significant time preparing for our students and families and we are pleased to be starting school in a more “typical” way after the last two years. Thank you to our families for assisting with a smooth transition to the back to school routine and rigor.
A special welcome to new families joining our school community. We are proud to be the small school with the big heart and are positive you will be happy here. We also have some new faces on our school staff for the 2022-23 school year. We look forward to working together to have a positive and productive year!
Wilfred Hunt School Team
Kindergarten Mrs. Jill Henry
Grade 1/2 Mrs. Sidni Brock
Grade 1/2 Ms. Abby Rudichuk
Grade 2/3 Mrs. Lara Ewert-Molesky
Grade 3 Ms. Kelsey Gullickson
Grade 4/5 Ms. Nicole Duell & Ms. Samantha Froude(Intern)
Grade 4/5 Ms. Laura Radford & Ms. Jenna Jelinski (Intern)
Grade 5/6 Mrs. Danielle Hackel & Mme. Andrea Hoffman
Grade 6/7 Mr. Brayden Frank
Grade 7/8 Mrs. Shauna Drackett
Grade7/ 8 Mr. Benjamin Goby
Junior SLC Mrs. Rashida Mazhar
Specialist Ms. Joelle Carteri-Balaski
Specialist Ms. Katelyn Crawford
Specialist Ms. Stefanie Giroux
Specialist & VP Release Mme. Andrea Hoffman
Specialist (SLC) Mr. Ian Mulholland
Learning Resource Teacher Mrs. Sandy Doering
Teacher Librarian/Specialist Ms. Elann McChesney
EAL Ms. Karen Dermody
Band Mr. Scott Adelman & Ms. Tanya Tazzioli
General Hospital APU & Home Tutorial Mr. Richie Wade-Cummings
General Hospital Pediatric Unit Mrs. Heather Lewis
Wascana Rehab. Centre TBD
Educational Assistant – WRC/Hunt Mrs. Janet Davies
Educational Assistant - SLC Mr. Darrell Levesque
Educational Assistant - SLC Mrs. Jenny Taylor
Educational Assistant Ms. Sunzida Ahmed
Educational Assistant Mrs. Trisha Anderson
Educational Assistant Ms. Terri-Don Walkington
Educational Assistant Ms. Heather Watt
Head Facility Operator Mr. Emerson Yuzik
Evening Facility Operator Mrs. Socorro Bermudez
Administrative Assistant Mrs. Joette Baber
Vice Principal Mrs. Danielle Hackel
Principal Mrs. Kyla Adams
Student Achievement Team:
Superintendent Mrs. Lois Herridge
Counsellor Mr. Dane Pennett
Educational Psychologist Mrs. Joanne Leitner
Speech/Language Pathologist Ms. Christine Bolen
School Board Trustee Mr. Ted Jaleta
Additional School Resources:
Public Health Nurse Ms. Della Friesen
School Resource Officer Cst. Brad Young
A few important reminders:
- School day times have changed:
8:35 - 8:50 - Morning Recess
8:50 - 11:45 - Morning Classes (Recess 10:30-10:45)
11:45 - 12:45 - Lunch (Recess 12:30-12:45)
12:30 - 3:40 - Afternoon Classes (Recess 2:15 - 2:30)
- To ensure the safety of our students we need families to ensure they are using the appropriate drop off zones for their children. In addition, please remember school zones are 30 km/hour and there are no U-turns in front of our school zones. The street is clearly marked where you are allowed to stop and park, in addition, the staff parking lot is not a safe place to drop off your children. Please do not use the staff parking lot.
- Visitors should check in at the main office upon arrival.
- Families are encouraged to use Edsby as their main form of communication with the school.
- Please consider signing up for a SchoolCash account if you haven’t already. Soon, student fees for agendas, field trips, lunchroom, etc will be added to accounts.
- Extra-curricular activities are back! Stay tuned for more information on Cross Country Running.
- Our amazing SCC will be having their first meeting of the school year on Wednesday, September 7 @ 6:30pm in our Staff Room. Please contact the school or WHSCC Communications firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- SAVE THE DATE – our Open House/SCC Event is scheduled for Tuesday, September 20 from 4:30-6:00. More information to follow.
- Orange Shirt Day will be recognized on Thursday, September 29th. During that week, the staff and students will be involved in several activities. Please note there is NO SCHOOL on Friday, September 30. It is a day to acknowledge Canada's colonial history and the legacy of residential schools.
- Mark your calendars - Conference Day for parents and teachers is Friday, November 18. There is no school for students that day.
Thank you for working together, with us, for the success of your student(s)! As always if you have any questions or concerns, we are an email or phone call away. 2022-23 will be the best year yet!